Saturday, December 01, 2007

Spending the Holidays with Family

Thanksgiving was great!

We spent the four day weekend in Michigan with my sister and her family. We didn't actually do anything out of the ordinary but had good family time together.

This was the first time we've seen my niece's baby and she is a doll. Seven months old and she already has her daddy wrapped around her little finger. With three older brothers, I pity the boy who wants to date her some day! lol

We even ventured out to the mall in Grand Rapids on Friday. I didn't see one shopper hit, bite, knock down or steal an item from any other shopper. We walked right up to the register in several stores (no lines) and were greeted by courteous clerks. With four of us, we played a "tag" team shopping of sorts. I stood in several long lines while my sister and neice continued to shop. I also held some of the bags while the others shopped and I helped retrieve breakfast and lunch.

To me the trip was worth it...we found some awesome deals! I bought a $200 leather coat at JC Penney's for $49! And a Christmas sweater and turtle neck shirt for only $20 (half price). Sis and neice completed most of their Christmas shopping and were happy with their purchases.

When we headed home at 2 pm, we were happy shoppers and only needed one thing.

A nap!!

No comments: