Saturday, November 11, 2006

NaNo Continues

Another week has flown by. Wow, where does the time go?

Hit a few snags this week with writing. So I took the advice of my writing instructor and did things a little different than originally planned.

First I worked more on my storyboard. This is my "blue print" and helps me know where the story is going. Some writers will not use one because they want to see the story "unfold" as they write. I like using it because it keeps me on track. If anything new develops as the story progresses, I simply add it to the storyboard as I write.

Then I took a few days from writing and read a book in my genre. It's amazing how inspiring this is for me. Reading Historical romance is actually what started me on the journey of writing a book. Every time I finish reading this type of book I think about my own story and how I want to write it.

Plus, I've attended several chats this week that keep me inspired. The moderator is a wealth of knowledge to an aspiring writer and the other participants in the chat have their own experiences to share.

I wrote about 2,000 words today for NaNo and plan to add more to the count tonight. I am determined to make this a successful writing month!

No comments: