Saturday, October 06, 2007

How Do You Handle New Ideas?

Someone in my blogging community raised this question recently.

If you have ideas for another project, how do you handle them?

Do you interrupt your current work in progress or do you store the ideas for later?

It was a timely question for me because I just had the same experience.

While watching the news recently, a story idea flooded my mind. I actually got excited about the prospect of starting a new project.

But then reality hit. My journey with "A Healing Refuge" has already been a long one. And I really don't want to take any more detours.

So I decided to create a Word doc and store the ideas for later. In the meantime, they will continue to simmer in the back of my mind.

I'd love to hear how you handle new ideas.

1 comment:

Dana Prince said...

That's exactly what I do...I have a word document in my 'work in progress' folder on my desktop and it's filled with ideas for blog posts, stories or phrases and words that I want to use in my writing. I have writer ADD as well. That's why I can never seem to finish a novel, I think...I get started and then get a 'new' idea and put the first one aside. :)